The Editorial & Content Committee's mission is to:
- Create, maintain and communicate programs that instill ethics and editorial excellence.
- Develop and provide practical, graphical and editorial tools.
- Continue to publicly recognize the best of business journalism both within and outside the trade publishing industry.
- Promote editorial participation in the activities of the association.
Chair: John McManus, Editorial Director,
Residential Content Group, Hanley Wood
Editorial & Content Committee Members
To view the titles/companies of Editorial & Content Committee members, click here.
Jesse H. Neal Awards
The Editorial & Content Committee is very involved in the Neal Awards, which recognize and reward editorial excellence in business media. Each committee member serves as either a screener or judge for the competition. Additionally, the committee features a subcommittee (Neal Awards subcommittee), which meets during the summer to review the competition and implement changes to streamline processes and reflect the evolving nature of B2B media.
You can find more information on the Jesse H. Neal Awards here.
Connectiv's Editorial Code of Ethics
The Editorial & Content Committee is revamping Connectiv’s Editorial Code of Ethics, taking into account the new digital landscape such as native advertising.
As the web evolves there are challenges ahead identifying the source of content for the reader. In addition, many companies are investing in the creation of useful information for customers. The merging of that information into a communication company's information stream requires added diligence for labeling -- so there is no confusion on the part of the reader about who is talking to them.
To view the current Editorial Code of Ethics, click here (2017 Edition). The Committee invites your input -- email thoughts by clicking here.
- March 8, 2016: Neal Awards, Code of Ethics, Benchmarking Surveys
- May 10, 2016: B2B Content Discovery: Understanding the Social Giants and What They Mean for You
- July 27, 2016: Digital Audience Penetration, the Neals and Digital Metrics
- Oct. 13, 2016: Editorial’s Role in Events, Neals Update and Code of Ethics
- Thursday, Jan. 26 at 2 pm Eastern time (call in)
- Friday, March 31, 9:30 a.m. at the Neal Awards in New York City (in person)