The SIIA Women's Leadership & Networking Committee, founded in May 2014, provides women with a community dedicated to mentoring, leadership development and special events focused on upward mobility of women within the B2B industry.
Objectives and Goals
- Support professional growth and leadership for women in B2B media and information companies
- Build a network and facilitate engagement between women in similar B2B business roles or with the same expressed interests
- Mentor, encourage and develop young talent
- Advocate for career advancement and greater representation of women in leadership positions
- Identify education and training opportunities for members at all levels
- Provide a forum for members to seek advice on a variety of issues, including business and leadership challenges
- Promote women executives, from a full-range of roles and departments, to be placed on SIIA programs and in leadership positions
- Celebrate excellence at all career levels via the Gertrude Crain Award for Leadership and the Emerging Leaders Awards
Emerging Leader Award
The future of our workplace will be based on the strengths and talents of our Millennial employees. By 2050, they will represent 75% of our total workforce. This is a generation that is fundamentally changing our corporate cultures and rethinking how we work.
Reward and recognition are key drivers for this group. To that end, we established the Emerging Leader Awards for Connecitv, SIPA and other SIIA members to celebrate the Next Gen in B2B media, content and information. We award our third annual Emerging Leader Awards to five rising stars, both men and women, under 35 years of age, at the BIMS conference in November.
Gertrude Crain Award
The Gertrude Crain Award celebrates a woman B2B executive with an extraordinary record of achievement and leadership. It honors Gertrude Ramsay Crain who served as chair of Crain Communications after the death of her husband, G.D. Crain, Jr. During her tenure from 1973 to 1996, she expanded the company’s titles from 7 to 27, and is credited with breaking barriers for women in B2B business management. The first Award recipient was Fawn Lopez, vp and publisher, Modern Healthcare in 2015; the second was Cathilea Robinett, president, e.Republic in 2016; and the third to Debra Walton, Global Managing Director, Customer Proposition, Financial & Risk, Thomson Reuters in 2017.
Marion Minor, Chair
CEO, EPG Media & Specialty Information