SIIA's Finance Network is an open forum, for member Finance executives to share experiences related to the changing role of finance in today’s technology industry. The Finance Network promotes the education of financial management practices, metrics, and technologies and provides timely education through our member experts and delivers high quality content and networking for finance organizations and professionals to improve their skills and expand their networks.
Use this platform to share insights, solve problems, keep up to date on industry trends, and foster innovation and growth through peer-to-peer connections. Check out the resources below for industry information or get actively involved by participating on a virtual forum. Join the group discussion on LinkedIn, and connect directly with your peers.
If you want to join the advisory board or share your thoughts on resources or events, please contact Jenn Carl, Program Manager of the Software & Services Division.
Stay Up to Date
Send an email to Jenn Carl to receive updates with current News and Activities taking place in the Finance Network.
APR 18 New York, NY
OCT 18 Denver, CO
NOV 13 Austin, TX
Resources & Blogs
What CTOs Need to tell CFOs About Outsourcing Software Development | Accelerance eBook
Managing Risk for an Evolving IT Environment within High Tech | Crowe Horwath
Group White Paper
The Subscription Scorecard: Updating the Balanced Scorecard for the SaaS World | Waterstone Management Group White Paper
Subscription Scorecard Metric Deep Dive: Customer Lifetime Value and Customer Acquisition Cost | Waterstone Management Group White Paper
Mastering the Complexity of Revenue Management | Intacct White Paper
The IPO and Beyond: The Keys to an Enduring Financial Foundation | Intacct White Paper
SIIA/OPEXEngine Report on U.S. Software Industry Shows Strong Revenue Growth & Renewed Focus on Investment | SIIA Blog, July 2014
Accounting for Costs Associated with Cloud Computing | Deloitte Technology Spotlight, December 2012
The Future of Revenue Recognition | Deloitte Technology Spotlight, July 2014
Accenture API Management Suite | Accenture White Paper, 2014
The New Revenue Recognition Standard: Is Your Technology Company Ready? | PwC White Paper, July 2014
Subscription Finance 101 | Zuora eBook, 2014
The 3 Metrics That Matter | Zuora eBook, 2014
Advisory Board Mission
The overall mission for the community advisory boards is strategic planning and community development. As a result of these objectives, SIIA will work with Advisory Board members to help set the future community direction. The advisory board will serve as the advising body for the community, assessing needs, trends and success of community activities.
Advisory Board Responsibilities and Objectives:
- Attend quarterly meetings
- Be knowledgeable about the mission and actively support the growth of the community
- Provide thought leadership on prevailing issues
- Organize and focus community topics on the most important issues
- Identify and discuss professional and industry best practices for community
- Lead or assist in content development where and when appropriate
- Contribute content to community content channels
Additional Areas Where Advisory Boards Can Help:
- Ideas and suggestions on marketing of community activities and content
- Promotion of community activities and content through various personal or professional channels (LinkedIn, Twitter, email, etc.)
- Recruitment of fellow members to contribute to communities activities
- Host an event
- Serve as a thought leader by presenting at relevant SIIA forums and other events
If you are an SIIA member and would like to have your resources and events posted in the Finance network, please email Jennifer Carl.