For Immediate Release
SIIA Communications Contact: Allison Bostrom, 202.289.7442, email@example.com
PR Contact: Farrah Ahamad, Rational 360, 202.684.3273, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIIA Announces Nomination Period for 2017 Business Technology CODiE Awards
65 Categories Available for Entry in Peer-Reviewed Awards Program
WASHINGTON, DC (December 5, 2016) –SIIA, the principal trade association for the software and digital content industries, today announced the nominations period for the 2017 SIIA CODiE Awards. Applications, products and services and other related technologies for use by publishers, information service providers and consumers across the software, education and information sectors are invited to apply.
This year’s program features 65 Business Technology categories, several of which are new or updated to reflect the latest industry trends and business models.
New categories in 2017
Each year SIIA stakeholders, including past judges and Software & Services Division board members, review the CODiE Award categories to ensure the awards reflect the business technology ecosystem.
In 2017 the following new categories have been added:
- Best Application Programming Interface (API) Management Platform - Recognizes the best platform that creates a centralized API architecture that makes the process of making, securing, deploying and managing high-performance interfaces significantly simpler and more consistent.
- Best Cloud Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Solution - Recognizes the best cloud platform for collecting, storing, managing and interpreting data from many business activities.
- Best Data Visualization Technology - Recognizes the best tool or technology to communicate or tell a story of data or information by displaying it as visual objects or a graphic to communicate the information clearly to users.
- Best Emerging Technology – Recognizes the best emerging technology product, tool or solution that is solving a big problem, changing the status quo and opening up new opportunities.
- Best FinTech Solution - Recognizes the best solution to make financial services more efficient by demonstrating an incremental or radical/disruptive innovation development of applications, processes, products or business models in the financial services industry.
- Best IoT Analytics Application - Recognizes the best application for measuring and transforming IoT data into business intelligence.
- Best IoT Platform - Recognizes the best platform that uses the power of hardware and connectivity to enable IoT deployments at any scale. These platforms can be connectivity/M2M platforms, IaaS back ends, etc.
- Best IoT Security Solution - Recognizes the best solution for safeguarding connected devices and networks in IoT.
- Best Leadership Development Solution - Recognizes the best platform that helps companies identify and develop leaders.
- Best Migration as a Service - Recognizes the best cloud service for migrating application from virtual or physical environments to the cloud or in between clouds.
- Best News Media Monitoring Solution - Recognizes the best solution for monitoring, analyzing and drawing insights from a wide range of content, including news, opinions and conversations.
- Best Payments Solution - Recognizes the best solution for passing authorization, payments and settlement data between a merchant’s website and the merchant’s processor.
- Best SaaS Enablement as a Service - Recognizes the best service for helping independent software vendors (ISVs) size, deploy and test applications so that they are fully optimized for cloud delivery.
- Best Sales Enablement Platform - Recognizes the best sales enablement platform, which equips sales teams with the right content and information for any interaction with a potential buyer through document automation and helps progress and accelerate the sales cycle.
The complete list of categories include:
Advertising, Sales & Marketing
- Best Advertising or Campaign Management Platform
- Best Content Marketing Solution
- Best Marketing Solution
- Best Sales & Marketing Intelligence Solution
- Best Application Programming Interface (API) Management Platform
- Best Cloud Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Solution
- Best Collaboration Solution
- Best Corporate/Enterprise Learning Solution
- Best Customer Relationship Management Solution
- Best Customer Service Solution
- Best Customer Success Management Solution
- Best Data Visualization Technology
- Best Digital Asset Management Solution
- Best eCommerce Solution
- Best Emerging Technology
- Best Event Management Solution
- Best Financial Management Solution
- Best FinTech Solution
- Best Human Capital or Talent Management Solution
- Best Infrastructure as a Service
- Best IoT Analytics Application
- Best IoT Platform
- Best IoT Security Solution
- Best Leadership Development Solution
- Best Logistics & Supply Chain Solution
- Best Migration as a Service
- Best News Media Monitoring Solution
- Best Payments Solution
- Best Project Management Solution
- Best SaaS Enablement as a Service
- Best Sales Enablement Platform
- Best Social Media Solution
- Best Solution for Integrating Content into Workflow
- Best Subscription Management Solution
- Best Content Curation Platform
- Best Content Rights & Entitlement Solution
- Best Content Search & Discovery Solution
- Best Multi-Channel Publishing Platform or Service
- Best Service Using Aggregated Content
Data & Analytics
- Best Big Data Reporting & Analytics Solution
- Best Big Data Tools & Platform
- Best Business Intelligence Reporting & Analytics Solution
- Best Business Intelligence Tools & Platforms
- Best Content Analytics Solution
- Best Data Integration Solution
- Best Text Analytics & Semantic Technology Solution
- Best Endpoint Security Management Solution
- Best Identity & Access Security Solution
- Best Network Security Solution
- Best Information Service Delivered as Mobile Application or Platform
- Best Mobile Development Solution
- Best Sales & Marketing Mobile Application
Network & Systems
- Best Cloud Management Solution
- Best IT Operations Management Solution
- Best IT Service Management Solution
- Best Platform as a Service
- Best Storage & Back Up Solution
- Best Business Information Solution
- Best Compliance Solution
- Best Financial & Market Data Solution
- Best Healthcare Technology Solution
- Best Legal Solution
- Best Real Estate or Construction Management Solution
- Best Scholarly Research Information Solution
- Best Science & Technology Information Solution
Nominate at siia.net/CODiE/nominate.
“For over three decades the CODiE Awards have recognized technology royalty,” said Rhianna Collier, Vice President & Managing Director of SIIA's Software & Services Division. “The CODiE Awards program has a long-standing tradition of integrity and showcases cutting-edge products and services for excellence in powering today’s businesses. A select few will receive the industry’s highest honors from their peers and I am beyond excited to kick off the 2017 nominations period."
Industry experts including executives, product managers, analysts and consultants are invited to apply to judge the CODiE Awards. Judges are responsible for reviewing assigned products which determine the CODiE Awards finalists, and SIIA members then vote on the finalist products. The scores from both rounds are tabulated to select the winners.
About the CODiE Awards
The SIIA CODiE Awards is the only peer-reviewed program to showcase business and education technology’s finest products and services. Since 1986, thousands of products, services and solutions have been recognized for achieving excellence. For more information, visit siia.net/CODiE.
SIIA is an umbrella association representing 800+ technology, data and media companies globally. Industry leaders work through SIIA’s divisions to address issues and challenges that impact their industry segments with the goal of driving innovation and growth for the industry and each member company. This is accomplished through in-person and online business development opportunities, peer networking, corporate education, intellectual property protection and government relations. For more information, visit siia.net.
# # #