Prior to Conference
- Register early and save on registration. Bring 3+ colleagues and save even more!
- The BIMS hotel fills up quickly, so book housing and travel as soon as possible. Room block deadline ends October 13 and may sell out prior.
- Know the schedule ! Have at least two sessions in mind for every time slot. That way, if you get to one and the room is overflowing or the topic isn’t what you thought it would be, you can make the most of your time by heading to your second choice.
- Apply to be a part of our Innovation Showcase! This is your opportunity to show how your product is transforming the media and information industry, all to an intrigued and captivated audience!
- Plan to attend a few sessions outside of your area or specialty.
- Bring 50+ business cards. Be ready to distribute them to people who ask or who want to trade. Notate on the back of any cards you take what the person wanted or what the context was.
- Download the SIIA Events app for Android or iOS devices, or access its features through your desktop. Learn how the app can be your guide through the conference by reviewing the schedule, checking out sponsors, setting up meetings, and get first alerts on any last minute event changes. Download links will be available soon.
- Pack for Fort Lauderdale weather:
- Business casual attire.
- Wear comfortable shoes.
- Bring a jacket or sweater for chilly conference rooms.
- Plan extra space in your luggage for take-home meeting materials.
During the Conference
- Arrive at the conference as early as you can manage in order to settle in before your days become too hectic.
- Login to the conference Wi-Fi before the sessions start.
- The first day on-site, explore the hotel. Always keep your maps handy so you know where events are occurring.
- Ensure your mobile devices are fully charged in the morning and be sure to stop by the charging station if needed.
- Stop by the Information Desk for answers to all of your questions!
- When you attend a session, don’t sit with friends. Sit down and meet someone new on either side of you, since you never know where this will lead. Network!
- Try to attend all breakfasts, breaks, lunch, and dinners. It’s a perfect place to meet with people with whom you might like to work or need to connect with in the future.
- Participate on social media with our hashtag #BIMS16
- Focus on the conference and try to leave work behind!
- Don’t be afraid to speak up, ask questions and be noticed.
- Visit all the sponsors. You never know what you’ll learn!
- Remember to schedule personal time to just get off your feet and relax briefly. This can be a real boost at recharging your battery.
After the Conference
- Remember to connect with your newfound friends! Connect with them on LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Try to add all of your new business cards and connections into your planner as soon as possible. There’s no time like the present!
Brella: 1-to-1 Meeting Tool
With the help of the Brella software, you can easily see who is attending and schedule 1-to-1 meetings. Questions? Contact Emily Ruf.
Step 1 - Sign In
Create an account and use the code ”bims” to join the event. It takes less than a minute.
Step 2 - Profile
Answer a few questions about yourself/company and who you would like to meet. After this, Brella's unique algorithm recommends the most relevant connections for you.
Step 3 - View Attendees
Scroll through your connections and begin scheduling your meetings.
Step 4 - Book Meetings
Once you find a person with whom you would like to meet, click on Suggest Meeting. After clicking you can select a potential time. If the other person accepts your request, you will be given a designated table to meet at in the 1-1 Meeting Room. Or, use the chat function to determine your own meeting place.
Step 5 - Download the Brella App (optional)
Download the App from the App Store & Google Play. While you don't need to use the app, it does allow you to receive instant notifications on your device.