The SIIA Content Division today announced that eight leading database companies have been selected to present at the 20th annual DataContent Conference , which takes place October 9- 11 in Philadelphia. The eight companies will be recognized as part of the Models of Excellence – a program that identifies products that are revolutionizing the information industry by bringing data to life in new ways.
DataContent 2012, produced in partnership with the InfoCommerce Group, is the only conference devoted solely to producers of commercial data products. For the complete schedule of events, visit http://www.siia.net/datacontent/2012/schedule.asp. For more information or to register for the conference, members of the media should contact Beth Dozier at email@example.com.
The following Models of Excellence companies will be recognized throughout DataContent 2012 and honored during a special dinner on October 10. Each company has set new standards for innovation in developing and applying data-driven business models.
- Bundle is a true pioneer in turning Big Data into a high-value data product. By turning anonymous credit transactions into unbiased reviews of retail establishments, Bundle helps consumers make smart buying decisions based on objective analysis. They’ve made an impressive start to bringing hard data to the business of business reviews.
- CapLinked leapfrogs the existing virtual data room services by providing a platform that is social, viral, mobile, affordable, and easy to use. CapLinked equips small- to medium-size companies with the same ability to raise capital, manage M&A transactions, and handle investor reporting that was once only available to big players. They have grown 6,000% in the last year and are assembling a community that represents the economic powerhouses of the future.
- eGordian - eGordian represents a disruptive new entrant into the field of construction price data, all based on data collected in the course of its other business activities. As it builds out community-driven features that will let users provide feedback on various materials and suppliers, offer advice, share plans and designs, suggest industry methods and use tools developed through partnerships with other companies, it will become a central industry resource. And that is the sweet spot for any b2b publisher.
- GovTrak addresses an increasingly important and complex challenge: finding, understanding, and tracking government legislation. GovTrak is a well-executed example of how the combination of data, tools, and analytics can deliver power to those who are seeking the truth.
- InfoArmy revolutionizes how a content company is built by marshaling two of the industry’s most powerful trends: crowdsourcing and community. Success is participatory, self-managed and self-reinforcing. InfoArmy is a true example of content unbound – non-bureaucratic, collaborative and exponential.
- Reachable does amazing things with graph technology and mashups of various contact lists enabling what it calls “social proximity selling,” where sales people can use identified “connection paths” to reach specific prospects. It is particularly powerful for larger organizations as a tool for co-workers to leverage each other’s connections. Reachable is a very distinctive offering with its own specialized functionality and value proposition.
- RedBeacon has reset the bar on lead generation by investing lots of effort to customize the negotiating and selecting experience, providing a highly-secure bid process, and even accommodating non-standard service requests. The real product RedBeacon has produced is trust, and they reap the rewards by keeping themselves firmly in the middle of all transactions.
- Speakerfile goes beyond a passive database by matching relevant speakers and events, and offers a private communications platform to keep communications out of its users’ cluttered inboxes. Speakerfile organizes a formerly fractured and inefficient business activity by combining a marketplace model with strong content management and workflow functionality to create a useful, high-value service.
Kathy Greenler Sexton is Vice President and General Manager of the SIIA Content Division. Contact Kathy at firstname.lastname@example.org.