The SIIA Software Division announced today that 18 cutting edge companies in the technology industry will be recognized in the 2014 NextGen program.
SIIA’s NextGen program provides exposure to early-stage companies delivering game-changing solutions. The program aims to bring awareness to 6 verticals: Mobile, Social, Big Data, Security, Healthcare, and Financial Services. Nominating companies will be judged by a group of industry experts who will determine which company is the Most Innovative, Most Disruptive, and who is the overall NexGen winner of the category.
Much of the discussion about market disruption has focused on large, brand name businesses, but there is tremendous innovation taking place at companies that get little attention. NextGen companies– chosen by a Selection Committee comprised of M&A, VC and advisory executives–are young businesses that offer cutting-edge software and services.
NextGen winners will be announced on a progressive basis throughout 2014. Deadlines and awards presentations are as follows:
- Mobile vertical nominations close January 31, and awards will be held Feb 12.
- Social vertical nominations close March 31, and awards will be held April 11
- Big data vertical nominations will close May 31, and awards will be held June 13
- Security vertical nominations will close July 31, and awards will be held August 20
- Healthcare vertical nominations will close September 30, and awards will be held October 17
- Financial Services vertical nominations will close November 30, and awards will be held December 12
Rhianna Collier is VP for the Software Division at SIIA. Follow the Software team on Twitter at @SIIASoftware.