Recognizes the best non-instructional, business management application or service that supports K-12 education enterprises. Includes privacy tools, transportation, human resources, talent management, security, food services, digital communication/security solutions, scheduling and registration services, student information systems, network services, special ed funding tracking, IEP tracking, etc. This solution, delivered by the Internet or a network, will also best enable data exchange, processing and reporting.
Judges will be looking for:
- Customization - Is the solution customizable for different types of courses, user needs and education outcomes?
- Feature set - Does the feature set incorporated within this product appropriately meet the needs of education users?
- Integration - Does it provide straightforward methods for bringing in social media tools, internal data, curriculum, third-party content or standards information?
- Navigation - Can the user easily and efficiently navigate through the solution and interact with the key features?
- Platform flexibility - Is the solution optimized to be used on various platforms (e.g. desktop, tablet, mobile, broadcast) and deliver various types of content (text, images, audio, video)?
- Reports - Will the system produce useful reports for intended users?
- Innovation – Is this solution innovative in its approach?
- Usability - How easily and efficiently can the user interact with the product features and the content to achieve their desired result?