Recognizes the educational solution that best delivers course support, full courses or degree programs online, in either subscription-based or massive, open environments. Includes tutoring, self-paced digital instruction, home-schooling, advanced placement course work, credit recovery, instructional support, personalized learning environments or college credit and targets the PK-12 or higher education market.
Judges will be looking for:
- Platform flexibility - Is the solution optimized to be used on various platforms (e.g. desktop, tablet, mobile, broadcast) and deliver various types of content (text, images, audio, video)?
- Assessment - To what extent are the assessment tools useful and functional for the user? Do the assessments maximize interactivity and engagement?
- Customization - Is the solution customizable for different types of content areas, courses, user needs /accessibility and education outcomes?
- Feature set - Does the feature set incorporated within this product appropriately meet the needs of the users?
- Feedback - Do learners with diverse learning styles and abilities receive appropriate feedback and reinforcement in the process of building their skills and strategies?
- Innovation - Does the system incorporate recent research on learning, innovative approaches to learning, or access to new tools with high student interest?
- Integration - Does it provide straightforward methods for bringing in curriculum, third-party content, social media tools, internal data or standards information? Can the system incorporate easily with other online systems?
- Reports - Will the system produce useful reports for the organization and the user? Are these reports customizable? Do these reports indicate trends, and do the include recommendations along with results so as to inform continuous and personalized learnin
- Accessibility - Does this product provide accessibility to users with diverse needs?
- Instructional design - Is the instruction and content designed to deepen student knowledge and skills in the targeted areas?