If you have questions or need assistance, contact Wendy Tanner at +202. 202.789.4458.

Judging

The CODiE Awards are judged in two phases: a first round review in which each product is assigned to judges for evaluation, and SIIA Member voting on the finalists selected in the first round.

The ranks of first round CODiE Awards judges include industry executives and analysts, representatives of media outlets, bloggers, investors, and even some customers. All it takes is a background that reflects an understanding of the broader market for a specific product type and a willingness to see the latest and greatest the industry has to offer.

First round review for this year is complete! We would like to extend our thanks to our 2012 panel of judges. A judge application for the 2013 CODiE Awards will be available shortly.

If you would like more information on the judging experience, please check out our judge orientation webinar.


First Round Review

By October 3-14 (content categories) or November 7-21 (software and education categories) nominees will receive information on the judges assigned to review their products.

Nominating companies are required to provide judges with:

Once a judge completes examinations of the assigned products, s/he will be tasked with completing a scoring survey that has been based on a set of category-specific criteria developed by SIIA. After all judges have completed scoring for a product, the average score is calculated and used as the basis for qualification as a finalist.

  JUDGING & FIRST ROUND REVIEW RULES & RESTRICTIONS


Member Voting

Once finalists are announced, SIIA members are tasked with reviewing the products and voting on what they believe is the best product in each category. Member voting counts for 20 percent of a nominated product’s overall score in the selection of winners; scores carried over from the first round review process accounts for the remaining 80 percent.