FISD Professional Certification
Professional certification from FISD will establish your credentials in the increasingly complex and competitive financial information industry. The Financial Information Associate (FIA) certification is the first formal accreditation for market and reference data practitioners and will only be awarded to those who pass this formal examination.
This first level certification is intended for:
- Practitioners who are relatively new to the industry (typically between 1 and 3 years of experience). Certification will provide a robust and comprehensive foundation for your career.
- Those working in a highly specialized department who seek to progress into other segments of the financial information industry. Certification will demonstrate you have increased insight into the broader industry.
- Those working in another department/discipline not directly involved in market or reference data. Certification will provide you with an understanding of the primary issues facing your colleagues in market and reference data
As a candidate, you will:
- Be guided – by a clearly-structured and well-articulated syllabus designed by industry experts with a practical vision of what is needed in today’s workplace.
- Be recognized – for expanding your knowledge of a broad range of highly relevant issues facing the market and reference data workforce.
- Be rewarded – for your hard work, your intellectual rigor, and for differentiating yourself in the workplace.
As an employer, the FIA will enable you to:
- Recruit more effectively – identify the best staff by using additional meaningful and trustworthy information on which to base your decisions.
- Improve productivity – enhance your staff’s career development as they acquire new skills and expand their understanding of the complex operating environment of the financial information industry. You gain a more capable, effective and productive workforce.