FISD Professional Certification
The 'Financial Information Associate' certification, the first formal and industry-recognized professional accreditation for practitioners in the global electronic financial information industry - Designed for candidates who are relatively new to their chosen careers, perhaps with between 1 and 3 years experience; although this is only guidance and not a condition for entry - indeed we encourage more experienced members of our community to take the exam so you can provide feedback to us and leadership and inspiration to your more inexperienced colleagues.
News and Announcements
- FISD has been working closely with a UK company ‘Learning Modules’ and US based trainer Ed Flynn to produce the first set of eLearning modules in support of the FIA certification. This offering is designed to provide modularised distance learning options to candidates where classroom training may not be suitable. We expect these to be commercially available at by June 2013.
- FISD and specifically the FIA Curriculum Committee worked
on an updated Syllabus and updated and expanded set of
Questions. Since May 1st 2012 FIA Exams have been based on
this new Syllabus and the new questions that relate to it.
This update is more evolutionary rather than revolutionary
and takes into account changes in our industry and also
feedback from those who have already taken the exam. View
- The FISD professional certification program boasts many FIA qualified executives from literally all four corners of the globe - See the full list. A small group of FIA holders were awarded their certificates in person at an FISD General Meeting in New York City (see photo above). We look forward to awarding many more certificates in the months and years ahead.
- Please could all test takers make special note of two things – Firstly, please keep a careful record of your login user name and password as you will need these in the future to amend any of your details, and/or to book new exams etc. Secondly, if anyone wishes to cancel or reschedule a test they have booked they must do so by logging in to the test system (hence a need to remember login details) and any cancellation or rescheduling must be done at least 72 hours before the booked test.
- Training courses available with a range of dates and prices to suit varying needs and budgets
- In house bespoke courses still available from our training partners and more public courses are to be announced soon. If you can see a demand for more than 10 training candidates in your city please contact David Anderson to investigate the logistics of running a public training course where you are
- Block bookings are taking off– we are pleased that both consumer firms and vendors have recently signed up for block bookings (e.g. 20+ candidates) using our attractive and simple voucher scheme, please contact David Anderson or Tom Davin for more information.