On August 4-6, 2010, more than 150 invited education leaders convened in Boston around the need for the systemic redesign of our K-12 education system to one that is centered on the personalized learning needs of each student.
Attendees identified the top 10 essential elements and policy enablers. Now available are a report of these findings as well as an archive of the presentations, including session summaries and videos, student videos, and attendee poll results.
- November, 2010: Education Leaders Identify Top 10 Components of Personalized Learning. Outline Roadmap for Systemic Redesign of preK-12 Education to a Student-Centered Model
- November, 2010: NOW AVAILALBE, A Report from the 2010 Symposium Report, providing a primer as informed by the Symposium, including essential practices/policies/technologies and key next steps.
- October, 2010: Check out the archive of proceedings -- including sessions summaries, speaker videos, and presentations.
- August, 2010: Thanks to all who made the August, 2010 Symposium a great success, including Sponsors and Partners.
- Look who attended -- you'll find an impressive roster of education leaders!
Fri, 16 May 2014 19:03
The safeguarding of student privacy and data security remains on the agenda for many state (and federal) policymakers. SIIA took the opportunity of its invited testimony before the California state legislature to release its new “Policy Guidelines for Building a Student Privacy Trust Framework.” The SIIA guidelines outline principles and considerations to ensure policies are appropriately […]
SIIA Agrees with Obama Administration’s Call for “Responsible Educational Innovation in the Digital Age”
Thu, 01 May 2014 20:55
The Obama Administration today released a report on “Big Data: Seizing Opportunities, Preserving Values.” SIIA welcomed the report’s assessment that big data provides substantial public benefits and will provide more benefits in the future. The report highlights a number of big data opportunities, including in education: “Beyond personalizing education, the availability of new types of data […]
Innovative Policies, Developer Content and Data Tools are Key, According to Education Officials at SIIA Mobile Learning Forum
Thu, 20 Mar 2014 15:24
SIIA this week hosted a successful meeting with education policy makers to enhance dialogue with developers of moble learning and other educational technologies. Discussions helped SIIA members better understand how public policies, funding and regulations are impacting their K-20 education customers, and provided education and government officials with an better understanding of the industry’s role, questions and concerns. Among […]