Title/Position: Managing Director, SIPA
Reports to: President
Position Status: Exempt
Function: The Managing Director (MD) is responsible for leading the Specialized Information Publishers Association (SIPA) Division of SIIA and growing the association through strong member recruitment, engagement and program development efforts. Reports to the SIIA president.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as primary member liaison and lead the development and expansion of the SIPA Division through recruitment, engagement, strategic initiatives, marketing, and program and content development with a strong focus on member prospecting, recruitment and retention.
Collaborate with the membership and SIPA Board of Directors to lead Division programming, marketing, membership and revenue strategy.
- Ensure the Division operates within budget.
- Organize and participate in SIPA Division Board of Directors activities. Provide regular reports on membership, budget and planned activities.
- Serve as liaison between the SIPA Division and other SIIA divisions and departments.
- Represent SIIA and the Division at industry-related conferences. Manage relationships with outside organizations that provide benefits to the membership.
- Program and manage Division events including the SIPA Annual Conference, retreats, roundtables and webinars as well as local chapter meetups in various locations in collaboration with a local chapter chair.
- Manages the annual SIPAwards, including the selection of categories, marketing, judge recruitment, payment and entrant logistics.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, an advanced degree in business, marketing, publishing and an interest in technology would be a plus.
- Experience in the publishing, events, direct marketing or information content industries is highly desired.
What We Love About You:
- You are thoughtful, energetic, innovative, results-oriented and a resourceful self-starter.
- You have a tenacious work ethic, dedicated to exceeding expectations.
- You are collaborative and accountable, and committed to integrity.
- You embrace the diverse perspective of all people and honor them with dignity and respect.
- You find time to laugh and strive to “make people’s day” in all your interactions.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter with salary history to: firstname.lastname@example.org
SIIA believes a diversity of voices leads to better outcomes for our members, our employees, our products and our communities. We are proudly committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.