LOCATION: Washington, DC
ORGANIZATION: Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA)
POSITION TITLE: Marketing and Events Manager
DURATION: Full Time
SALARY: $65,000 - $70,000/annually
The Organization. The Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA) - the principal trade association for the business-to-business content and media, EdTech and software industries - has an exciting opportunity to oversee the definition and promotion of its brands (finance, technology, media, education) across print and digital platforms as well as at numerous SIIA events.
Function. Reporting to the Vice President of Marketing & Membership, this position will be in charge of overseeing the promotion of SIIA and its brands). The candidate will be responsible for collaborating with division managers to design marketing campaigns to include social media and conversion-focused lead generation strategies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create evaluate and maintain a marketing strategy.
- Direct, plan and coordinate marketing campaigns.
- Assist with SIIA conferences, summits, and major events.
- Member Journey Mapping analyzing touch points with the organization and maximizing opportunities.
- Review web analytics and ad words campaigns on an ongoing basis and generate monthly reports regarding site traffic.
- Create and periodically refresh event webpages with relevant information.
- Work closely with design agencies and assist with new program launches.
- Manage printers and other promotional vendors.
- Develop event and program marketing campaigns from start to finish.
- Assist with identifying content and speakers for SIIA events and programs
- Competitive Salary & Growth Potential
- Paid Annual & Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Health/Vision/Dental Coverage
- 403(B) Retirement Savings Plan
- Bachelor degree in marketing, public relations, or communications.
- Experience with creating marketing campaigns, marketing strategies, and marketing plans.
- Experience with Google Analytics, paid search, display advertising and social media campaigns, as well as analyzing metrics and identifying trends.
- Advanced communication skills.
- Demonstrated vendor management and budgetary oversight experience
- Good time-management and attention to detail, multi-tasking is essential
- Strong interpersonal and project management skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse professionals at all levels of seniority.
- Experience with events marketing a plus.
What We Love About You:
- You are thoughtful, energetic, innovative, results-oriented and a resourceful self-starter.
- You have a tenacious work ethic, dedicated to exceeding expectations.
- You have a “customer first” mindset and are obsessive about building and maximizing value for our members.
- You are collaborative and accountable, and committed to integrity.
- You embrace the diverse perspectives of all people and honor them with dignity and respect.
- You find time to laugh and strive to “make people’s day” in all your interactions.
Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Marketing and Events Manager” in the subject line.
SIIA believes a diversity of voices leads to better outcomes for our members, our employees, our products and our communities. We are proudly committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, political persuasion or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.