LOCATION: Washington, DC
ORGANIZATION: Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA)
POSITION TITLE: Media and Content Coordinator
DURATION: Full Time
The Organization. SIIA brings together innovators and policy makers in media, technology and financial services worldwide providing information services, events, best practices and peer collaboration. The content and media division of SIIA is the premier source for these activities among B2B providers of content and events across industries, helping publishers grow and profit, increase efficiency, and improve operations.
The coordinator’s primary responsibility is to support day-to-day operations, events and member activities. The position will interact across the organization and divisional functions, assisting with key components of member correspondence, tracking/reporting, event logistics and project administration. SIIA is committed to retaining and recruiting members through a dynamic offering of content and events, including monthly webinars, quarterly regional chapter meetings, and several annual multi-day events.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide event support, to include but not limited to: registration set-up, coordination of award logistics, tracking attendee details and correspondence, issuing speaker invitations, assisting in creation of marketing deliverables and event materials, as well as on-site staffing.
- Develop, organize, and implement processes, systems and tracking to ensure consistency and efficiency in execution of local chapter events and webinars.
- Assist as needed in new member communication and onboarding.
- Coordinate division board and committee meetings, conference calls, and updates including scheduling, the timely posting of meeting notices, minutes, and agendas; assist with administrative duties and scheduling for the divisional Managing Director.
- Monitor division inboxes, CRM updates, distribution lists and websites, providing timely responses where required.
- Other duties as assigned
- Competitive Salary & Growth Potential
- Paid Annual & Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Health/Vision/Dental Coverage
- 403(B) Retirement Savings Plan
- 1-3 years of experience in an administrative role, preferably at a nonprofit or an association. Will consider entry level for exceptional candidates.
- Event experience is a plus.
- Excellent time management, attention to detail, multi-tasking skills essential
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team while being flexible
What We Love About You:
- You are thoughtful, energetic, innovative, results-oriented and a resourceful self-starter.
- You have a tenacious work ethic, dedicated to exceeding expectations.
- You have a “customer first” mindset and are obsessive about building and maximizing value for our members.
- You are collaborative, curious and accountable, and committed to integrity.
- You embrace the diverse perspectives of all people and honor them with dignity and respect.
- You find time to laugh and strive to “make people’s day” in all your interactions.
Please submit a resume to employ@SIIA.net with Media and Content Coordinator in the subject line.
SIIA believes a diversity of voices leads to better outcomes for our members, our employees, our products and our communities. We are proudly committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, political persuasion or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.