LOCATION: Washington, DC
ORGANIZATION: Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA)
POSITION TITLE: Membership Coordinator
DURATION: Full Time
SALARY: $45,000 - $50,000/annually
The Organization. The Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA) - the principal trade association for the business-to-business content and media, EdTech and software industries - has an exciting opportunity to help grow membership and demonstrate value to current members.
Function. Reporting to the Vice President of Marketing & Membership, this position will play a key role in building and conveying the value of SIIA to our members, maintaining and updating highly accurate membership database including creating new member records, updating existing records, and deleting duplicates. The candidate will serve as the primary point of contact for the membership mailbox by responding to telephone and email inquiries.The candidate will be an enthusiastic, experienced database expert who thrive in fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handling all questions, information requests, and complaints regarding membership.
- Processing membership applications, renewals, and resignations.
- Maintaining and updating membership records.
- Assisting with member communication activities.
- Collecting data, tracking membership statistics, and preparing reports.
- Developing and implementing strategies to recruit new members.
- Coordinating with the accounting department to track membership revenue.
- Work closely with other SIIA staff to continually inform members of services and benefits of membership; assist with the execution of email and other marketing efforts.
- Competitive Salary & Growth Potential
- Paid Annual & Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Health/Vision/Dental Coverage
- 403(B) Retirement Savings Plan
- 3+ years of experience in a data entry/administrative role, preferably at a nonprofit or an association.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Direct experience working in membership operations, CRM data entry, and assisting with events/conferences.
- Good time-management and attention to detail, multi-tasking is essential
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team while being flexible
What We Love About You:
- You are thoughtful, energetic, innovative, results-oriented and a resourceful self-starter.
- You have a tenacious work ethic, dedicated to exceeding expectations.
- You have a “customer first” mindset and are obsessive about building and maximizing value for our members.
- You are collaborative and accountable, and committed to integrity.
- You embrace the diverse perspectives of all people and honor them with dignity and respect.
- You find time to laugh and strive to “make people’s day” in all your interactions.
Please submit a resume to employ@SIIA.net with “Membership Coordinator” in the subject line.
SIIA believes a diversity of voices leads to better outcomes for our members, our employees, our products and our communities. We are proudly committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, political persuasion or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.