The Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA), the principal trade association for the software and digital content industry, is looking to hire an experienced Network Administrator to enhance and support the organization’s local area network, consisting of 12+ production servers and 40+ users, some of whom are remote. Applicant must be able to deploy and support servers, network hardware and all supporting software, analyze and resolve problems associated with network and server hardware, troubleshoot computer related problems including hardware, software, routine network and peripheral maintenance. Maintain backup and security of all server-based files and applications. Manage software library and licenses.
• Manage and maintain LAN security.
• Monitor the operation of the local area network.
• Hands-on desktop and network support
• Responsible for administering, monitoring, security & technical support of company internal file and print servers.
• Responsible for administration & technical support of company hardware and software products for internal usage.
• Knowledge of computer security procedures.
• Skill in the use of the programming and job control language specific to the assignment.
• Responsible for Maintenance of firewalls & routers.
• Responsible for administration & technical support of the systems resources needs.
• Train staff in hardware and software use.
• Assist with Internet E-mail server hosting & administration.
• Assist with disaster recovery for Office internal networks.
• Assist in computer hardware & software purchases.
• Maintain vendor relationships.
• Ability to effectively communicate with both staff and management
• Strong knowledge and familiarity with Microsoft Windows Server Environment
• Strong Experience with Microsoft Active Directory and Windows 2003 Server a must
• Experience with network security and disaster recovery procedures preferred
• Familiarity with Microsoft SQL server (SQL2000/SQL2005)
• Experience with iMIS association management software a plus.
• Knowledge of ASP, .NET and Windows Scripting programming a plus
• Ability to effectively communicate technical issues to non-technical staff very important
• Technical bachelor's degree or equivalent up to four (4) years experience in an operating systems environment with an emphasis on server-level support is required.
• (MSCE) Microsoft certification preferred, but not required.
• Willing to work after-hours (some weekends, and evenings), as necessary
To apply, please send resume and cover letter with salary history to: email@example.com
SIIA believes a diversity of voices leads to better outcomes for our members, our employees, our products and our communities. We are proudly committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.