Public Policy Communications Coordinator
Title/Position: Public Policy Communications Coordinator Department: Public Policy
Position Status: Exempt Reports to: Vice President Global Public Policy
Function: The Public Policy Communications Coordinator will be responsible for a wide range of communications work in support of public policy and public affairs issues of concern to SIIA members, including policies relating to technology, intellectual property protection, international trade and regulation, and education policy.
- Perform various communications functions, including preparing and editing communications to members, blog posts, newsletters, press releases, and social media contents on SIIA policy activities and publications.
- Engage with members of the media by establishing and maintaining relationships with reporters, sending press releases and other relevant content, responding to inquiries, and keeping press lists up to date.
- Conduct basic research and attend Congressional hearings, agency workshops, and industry, academic and think tank events, prepare summaries of these events.
- Assist in the writing and editing of white papers, Congressional testimony and agency filings.
- Plan and execute SIIA’s public speaker events such as conferences, events on Capitol Hill, or working luncheons in the office.
- Maintain contact lists in Hubspot database and other contact lists.
- Manage the SIIA Policy website and social media accounts.
- Coordinate with communications staff across SIIA.
- Collaborate with and assist in directing activities of external communications consultant.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism, government relations, policy, or related fields, and/or 2 years related experience.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Prior experience engaging with members of the media and strategically utilizing social media applications.
- Ability to organize time and work independently, coordinate and prioritize multiple priorities, follow directions, and complete tasks in an effective manner.
- Have excellent analytical, writing skills and previous research experience and outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Interest in public policy/government relations. An understanding of policy issues affecting the software and digital content industry a plus.
- Prior experience with Hubspot, DNN, and POLITICO Pro a plus.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, fast-paced environment.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter with salary history to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Supervision: None
- Financial Scope: Fiscal Responsibility to the SIIA