"This organization has been instrumental in our success; membership is relatively inexpensive, and there is tremendous value in the networking opportunities, enewsletters, conferences, webinars, and other resources they provide."
- Stephanie Williford, CEO, EB Medicine
"I’ve really learned a lot from other SIPA members about marketing, press releases, various technologies and more. And such an experienced group of people who are always willing to chat offline too. As a small businessperson in publishing and education and more, I really appreciate the SIPA community."
- Lesley Ellen Harris, CEO and Founder, Copyrightlaws.com
SIPA’s mission is to help publishers and information providers increase profitability through a culture of learning and exchange among industry peers.
Members benefit from opportunities to network, share with and learn from leaders in all areas of publishing – management, marketing, editorial, IT, Web and mobile design, fulfillment and printing, social networking, and more.
Who Do We Serve?
- Publishers and content monetizers
- Member- and subscriber-based information providers
- Training and educational organizations
- Industry consultants and service providers
Whether you are a business-to-business, consumer-focused, small, mid-size or large organization, we provide access to networks, best practices and tools that help your business grow.
- 12+ live webinars per year ($3,588 value)
- Subscription to the SIPAlert Daily best practices and trends newsletter
- On-demand access to webinar recordings
- Access to conference proceedings (350+ available)
- Discussion forum – peer-to-peer networking and information sharing
- Sample agreements, letters, policies and more
- Access to the SIPAwards Showcase
- Exclusive invitation to top-level owners and publishers retreat
- Invitations to local chapter meetups
- Free legal counseling and preferred rates on services from Witliff Cutler Austin
- 10% multimedia insurance savings with AXIS PRO
- Significant savings on conferences and events
- Inclusion in the membership directory
- Job board postings
- Press passes for editorial staff
- Presentation opportunities
- Opportunity to join the SIPA board and committees
"Being a member for only a few years myself, I am amazed at what I have learned and am so impressed with the depth of content and resources the organization provides and has with its team and members."
- Angela Kornegor, Executive Director, MedLearn Media
"SIPA webinars have been extremely valuable to our business. I learn something I can use on every single one. In fact, the Customer Voice webinar earlier this year completely changed the way we talk to our customers (for the better!), which has resulted in new insights and ideas directly from our customers that we never would have gotten before. Thanks, SIPA!"
- Stephanie Williford, CEO, EB Medicine
"We so much appreciate the great networking and professional development SIPA offers."
-Terrey Hatcher Managing Editor, AHC Media editorial group, Relias Learning
"I am a loyal SIPA member and love your organization. It's the BEST. You have the most valuable and well run conferences. I so appreciate all that SIPA does. I've never belonged to a more helpful, friendly, productive group. Sincere appreciation for all SIPA does for its members year after year - and even week after week."
- Nina Novak, Esq., Managing Editor, Beard Group, Inc.
"Our company has been a member of SIPA/SIIA for many years and the dues are well worth it. Over the years, this organization has supported us through unique learning and networking opportunities geared to specialized publishers."
- Eleanor Meredith, Publisher, Irving Levin Associates, Inc.
"Everything I've learned about the publishing business I've learned from SIPA events and from other SIPA publishers. Invaluable!"
- SIPA Publisher
"The webinars are great and offer a ton of value for me and my team. The SIPAlerts have become foundational for us. "
- Owner, Publishing Member
- Sales Team Transformation and Consultative Selling
- Data-Driven Marketing
- Employee Recruitment and Retention: Strategies and Tips to Attract and Retain Top Talent
- Brain Science in Business: Using Psychology to Increase Response
- Hot Sparks: How to Increase Your Turnover and Profit with Product Development
- Content Licensing 101: Go-to-Market Strategies
Unleashed: Dispelling the Myths and Maximizing Effectiveness
- Incorporating the Customer Voice into New Product
- Sales Tax for Publishers: Nexus, Taxability & More
Generation Strategies for High-Priced Products and Services: A Holistic
What is it Good For? Absolutely Everything.
Dogs, Old Tricks: How classic sales techniques inform and accelerate
Management for Successful Salespeople
- Lead Generation: Tips for Multiplying Your Conversions and Sales
- Fulfillment Systems: Sorting out Needs, Wants and Nice-to-have Features
- Time Management for Sales Success
- The World’s Best-Kept Copywriting Secrets
- LinkedIn Marketing: Grow your email lists, maximize SEO and position yourself as an expert
- Dialing for Dollars: How to increase event attendance and close more sales
- Email deliverability and performance: Getting to the inbox and getting recipients to act
- The Membership Economy: Why everyone is moving from ownership to access (and what it means for your business)!
- How to Build and Manage a Successful Content Sales Team
"The success my company has achieved in our niche is directly tied to my SIPA membership. My company would not have survived the recession without the best practices and new product ideas I learned from other publishers."
- Bob Coleman, Founder, Coleman Publishing
Recent Discussions on our Forum
- Are press releases "worth it"
- CRM systems
- Marketing strategy
- Is retargeting getting smarter?
- Online copyright infringement
- Meeting multi-platform challenges
- Criteria for new and renewal subs
- Learning platforms
- List cleaning services
- Freelance proofreader needed
- Video marketing emails
- Site traffic and Google Analytics recommendations
- Conference planning checklists
- Publishers sales tax ·
- Webinar insurance and terms & conditions
- Good recruiting sources
- Copyright monkey business
- Broker recommendations
"SIPA has enabled me to enjoy a long and productive career in specialized publishing, giving me ongoing learning opportunities, examples, contacts I can call on, and so much more. I don't know where I'd be today without it. For the better part of 30 years I've served SIPA on committees and as an officer at both the association and chapter level and I know it has paid dividends that far exceed the hours I've put into it."
- Ed Coburn, Co-President, School Family Media