First there was the Canada's Anti-Spam Law (CASL), then the EU's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and now the California Consumer Privacy Act. More privacy laws are emerging that are affecting the way businesses are marketing, communicating and selling to customers both domestically and internationally. How can you minimize your risk while also optimizing your outreach to your audience base?
Overview of the California Consumer Privacy Act
- How did the CCPA come to be?
- What does the law require?
- How might it be changed?
- What can we expect around enforcement?
- What's next?
Enforcement of GDPR
- What are EU Data Protection Authorities (DPAs) Saying?
- What are EU DPAs Doing?
- What can we learn about DPA priorities from enforcement actions to date?
After the presentations, you'll have an opportunity to ask questions about these laws as well as possible federal privacy law. You may also send your questions in advance to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
VP, Intellectual Property and General Counsel, SIIA
International Public Policy Lead, SIIA