FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SIIA Contact: Allison Bostrom, (202) 289-7442, firstname.lastname@example.org
PR Contact: Charlie Vinapol, Rational 360, (202) 350-4676, email@example.com
*** Nov. 13-15 in Fort Lauderdale, FL ***
Business Information & Media Summit Is Largest Gathering Dedicated to B2B Media, Featuring Keynotes on Platform Partnerships, AI and Guerrilla Innovation
Featuring More than 65 Speakers, Including CEOs, Publishers and Other Top Media & Marketing Executives
WASHINGTON, DC (September 18, 2017) – The Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA), the principal association representing the software and digital content industries, today announced that its fourth annual Business Information & Media Summit (BIMS) will take place November 13-15, 2017 in Fort Lauderdale, FL. This year’s Summit brings together top publishing, technology and marketing executives for an intense focus on the strategies companies are using to stay competitive, profitable and relevant in a quickly-changing business landscape.
Media interested in attending BIMS should contact Charlie Vinapol at firstname.lastname@example.org or (202) 360-4676.
Through interactive sessions over three days, BIMS is the premier event where industry leaders will discuss their new ideas and marketing strategies, share best practices on digital advertising, address the vital and complex role of data and more. This year’s keynote speakers are:
- Elizabeth Green, CEO of Brief Media will share her winning blueprint for how an independent publisher can punch far above its weight.
- Babak Hadjat, co-founder and CEO of Sentient and the primary inventor of the technology behind Siri, will show how artificial intelligence is changing vertical markets today and why AI can be a critical tool for media and information companies in helping refine content creation as well as shaping the sales funnel.
- Victoria Mellor, CEO and Co-founder, Novatum Group and Kelly Parsons, CEO, OpsCat will share how they transformed Melcrum, once a newsletter publisher, into a high value membership-based advisory and training business.
- Debra Walton, Global Managing Director, Customer Proposition, Financial & Risk, Thomson Reuters will share how leveraging platform economics can help address many of these challenges by offering a new way to support customers and capitalize on partnerships.
The annual Summit will feature intensive presentations and discussions centered on five tracks:
- Audience Engagement – attracting, retaining and monetizing audiences.
- Data – applying new innovations and technology to create profitable connections with customers.
- Advertising & Marketing Sales – intensive training on how to use the “new digital media” to generate revenue and raise team skillsets.
- Revenue-Generating Marketing – best practices for optimizing returns on marketing efforts.
- Strategy – actionable takeaways for senior executives on the most pressing issues facing media and information business today.
The Summit will also include special events, including the third annual Emerging Leader Awards, which recognizes the increasingly central role that millennials are playing in the workforce. This unique recognition will be given to five rising stars, men and women 35 years of age and younger.
What: SIIA’s Business Information & Media Summit
When: November 13-15, 2017
Where: Marriot Harbor Beach Resort
Fort Lauderdale, FL
More information about BIMS and the full schedule of activities and speakers is available here. BIMS is produced by Connectiv – The Business Information Association and Specialized Information Publishers Associations (SIPA) divisions of SIIA and InfoCommerce Group.
SIIA is an umbrella association that represents constituencies from technology, data and media companies. Through in-person and online business development opportunities, peer networking, corporate education, intellectual property protection and government relations, SIIA provides a network of resources for its 800+ member companies that drive innovation and growth. For more information, visit www.siia.net.