For Immediate Release
SIIA Communications Contact: Emily Ruf, CMP, 410-221-6469, firstname.lastname@example.org.
SIIA Announces Nomination Period for 2018 Ed Tech CODiE Awards
38 Categories Available for Entry in Peer-Reviewed Awards Program
WASHINGTON, DC (December 4, 2017) – SIIA, the principal trade association for the software and digital content industries, announced the nomination period for the 2018 SIIA CODiE Awards. Applications, products and services from developers of educational software, digital content, online learning services and related technologies across the education sector are invited to apply.
This year’s program features 38 education categories, several of which are new or updated to reflect the latest industry trends and business models. All entries also qualify for the top overall education solution which is awarded to one product or solution at the SIIA Annual Conference & CODiE Awards on June 11-13, 2018.
New categories in 2018
Each year SIIA stakeholders, including past judges and ETIN board members, review the Education Technology categories to ensure the awards reflect the education technology ecosystem.
In 2018 the following new categories have been added:
- Best PK-12 Education Cloud-Based Solution—Recognizes the best cloud-based solution that is always available to educational users regardless of location, is multi- platform and provides ubiquitous access to faculty, administration and students. Provides all applications and files for anywhere, anytime availability with an Internet connection, using devices at home or at school, from desktops to laptops to tablet or smartphones.
- Best Higher Education Cloud-Based Solution—Recognizes the best cloud-based solution that is always available to users regardless of location, is multi- platform and provides ubiquitous access to faculty, administration and students. Provides all applications and files for anywhere, anytime availability with an Internet connection, using devices at home or at school, from desktops to laptops to tablet or smartphones.
- Best PK-12 Educational App for a Mobile Device—Recognizes the best curriculum or administrative native app, designed for either PK-12 or higher education markets, that is delivered via smartphones or tablets.
- Best Higher Ed Educational App for a Mobile Device—Recognizes the best curriculum or administrative native app, designed for the higher education market, that is delivered via smartphones or tablets.
- Best Emerging Education Technology Solution for Administrators—Recognizes a new and innovative technology solution that is emerging to solve an administrative problem for schools or campuses. This new tool could support administrators in their education management or communication functions. All nominated products in this category must be less than three years old.
- Best Emerging Instructional Technology Solution—Recognizes a new and innovative technology solution that is emerging to solve an instructional problem. It can change how students learn, increase their interest in learning or could open new delivery channels for instruction. All nominated products in this category must be less than three years old.
The complete list of categories include:
- Best Corporate/Workforce Learning Management Solution
Digital Service or Product
- Best Authoring/Development Tool for Educators
- Best Collaborative Social Media Solution for Educators
- Best Data Solution
- Best Digital Aggregation & Sharing Solution
- Best PK-12 Education Cloud-Based Solution
- Best Higher Education Cloud-Based Solution
- Best PK-12 Educational App for a Mobile Device
- Best Higher Ed Educational App for a Mobile Device
- Best Emerging Education Technology Solution for Administrators
- Best Enterprise Application Integration Solution
- Best Learning Capacity-Building Solution
- Best Learning Relationship Management Solution
- Best Social-Emotional Development Solution
- Best Source for Reference or Education Resources
- Best Student Assessment Solution
- Best Higher Education Enterprise Solution
- Best Higher Education Learning Content Solution
- Best Higher Education LMS or Learning Platform
- Best Coding & Computational Thinking Solution
- Best College & Career Readiness Solution
- Best Creativity Tool for Students
- Best Cross-Curricular Solution
- Best Emerging Instructional Technology Solution
- Best ESL, ELL or World Language Acquisition Solution
- Best Game-Based Curriculum Solution
- Best Instructional Solution in Other Curriculum Areas
- Best Mathematics Instructional Solution
- Best Professional Learning Solution for Faculty & Administrative Staff
- Best Reading/Writing/Literature Instructional Solution
- Best Science Instructional Solution
- Best Social Sciences or Social Studies Instructional Solution
- Best Solution for Special Needs Students
- Best Virtual Learning Solution
- Best Classroom Management Solution
- Best K-12 Course or Learning Management Solution
- Best K-12 Enterprise Solution
- Best PreK / Early Childhood Learning Solution
Educators and administrators are invited to apply to judge the CODiE Awards. Judges are responsible for reviewing assigned products, which determine the CODiE Awards finalists, and SIIA members then vote on the finalist products. The scores from both rounds are tabulated to select the winners.
About the CODiE Awards
The SIIA CODiE Awards is the only peer-reviewed program to showcase business and education technology’s finest products and services. Since 1986, thousands of products, services and solutions have been recognized for achieving excellence. For more information, visit siia.net/CODiE.
SIIA is an umbrella association representing 800+ technology, data and media companies globally. Industry leaders work through SIIA’s divisions to address issues and challenges that impact their industry segments with the goal of driving innovation and growth for the industry and each member company. This is accomplished through in-person and online business development opportunities, peer networking, corporate education, intellectual property protection and government relations. For more information, visit siia.net.