For Immediate Release
SIIA Communications Contact: Allison Bostrom, +1. 202.289.7442, email@example.com
PR Contact: Lauren West, C. Blohm & Associates, 608.216.7300, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIIA Opens Nomination Period for 2016 Ed Tech CODiE Awards
Peer-reviewed awards program features 29 categories, including four new options, for ed tech developers
WASHINGTON, D.C. (Sept. 15, 2015) – The Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA), the principal trade association for the software and digital content industries, is accepting nominations for the 2016 SIIA CODiE Awards. Developers of educational software, digital content, online learning services and related technologies across the K-20 sector are invited to nominate applications, products and services.
This year’s program features 29 Education categories, several of which are new or updated to reflect the latest industry trends and business models. All entries also qualify for the top overall education solution which is awarded to one product or solution during a ceremony in July at the Education Industry Summit.
“Our new categories reflect the diversity and growth of education technology products and services,” said Karen Billings, vice president and managing director of ETIN. “They show how technology is changing, but also how students, faculty and administration are leveraging those new capabilities."
New categories in 2016
Each year SIIA stakeholders, including past judges and ETIN board members, review the Education Technology categories to ensure the awards reflect the education technology ecosystem.
In 2016 the following new categories have been added:
- Best Authoring / Development Tool - Recognizes the best digital service designed to give either students, educators, administrators or educational organizations the ability to create content and/or educational web or mobile applications for use by others. Includes applications that help build and deliver technology-enhanced items, lesson plans, project-based learning activities, student resources, assessments as well as reporting, class management and admin features.
- Best K-20 Data Solution - Recognizes the best software or digital service that applies data analytics to inform teaching and learning, retention and growth strategies or administrative decision-making. Includes dynamic, predictive and post hoc uses of data.
- Best PreK / Early Childhood Learning Solution - Recognizes the best digital product providing or supporting learning for children ages 3-5. Includes applications designed for tablets and/or desktop computers, in areas such as literacy and numeracy content, assessment and reporting intended for use at home or in early childhood development settings.
- Best Learning Relationship Management Solution - Recognizes the best digital service that manages and facilitates student-led learning to maximize learning engagement, achievement, outcome, retention and long-term success. The technology facilitates personalized learning, individualized learning paths and transparent relationships with a student's support network that is critical to student outcomes and long-term success.
The complete list of categories include:
- Best PreK / Early Childhood Learning Solution
- Best Classroom Management Solution
- Best K-12 Course or Learning Management Solution
- Best K-12 Enterprise Solution
K-20 Digital Services or Products
- Best Authoring / Development Tool
- Best K-20 Data Solution
- Best Collaborative Social Media Solution for Educators
- Best Education Cloud-based Solution
- Best Educational App for a Mobile Device
- Best Learning Capacity-Building Solution
- Best Learning Relationship Management Solution
- Best Student Assessment Solution
- Best Cross-Curricular Solution
- Best ESL, ELL or World Language Acquisition Solution
- Best Game-based Curriculum Solution
- Best Instructional Solution in Other Curriculum Areas
- Best Mathematics Instructional Solution
- Best Professional Learning Solution for K-20 Faculty and Administrative Staff
- Best Reading/English/Language Arts Instructional Solution
- Best College and Career Readiness Solution
- Best Science Instructional Solution
- Best Social Sciences or Social Studies Instructional Solution
- Best Solution for Special Needs Students
- Best Virtual Learning Solution
- Best Postsecondary Enterprise Solution
- Best Postsecondary LMS or Learning Platform
- Best Postsecondary Learning Content Solution
- Best Corporate / Workforce Learning Solution
Submit nominations at www.siia.net/CODiE/nominate-today
Educators and administrators are invited to apply to judge the CODiE Awards. Judges are responsible for reviewing assigned products and selecting the CODiE Awards finalists. SIIA members then vote on the finalists’ products. The scores from both rounds are tabulated to select the winners.
About the CODiE Awards
The SIIA CODiE Awards are the industry's only peer-reviewed awards program. Educators and administrators conduct the first-round review of all education nominees.
SIIA is the leading association representing the software and digital content industries. SIIA represents approximately 800 member companies worldwide that develop software and digital information content. SIIA provides global services in government relations, business development, corporate education and intellectual property protection to the leading companies that are setting the pace for the digital age. For more information, visit www.siia.net.
The Education Technology Industry Network (ETIN) of SIIA serves and represents more than 200 member companies that provide educational software applications, digital content, online learning services and related technologies across the K-20 sector. The Division shapes and supports the industry by providing leadership, advocacy, business development opportunities and critical market information. For more information on ETIN of SIIA, visit siia.net/etin.
# # #