Learn to turn your words and data into clear, communicative, compelling infographics. Powerful visuals give your data the ability to rally support, inspire action, and drive impact. We’ll walk you through the steps of creating an infographic and look at examples of how other organizations created successful infographics. No design skill is needed.
Takeaways include the following:
- Identify how infographics can communicate clearly and effectively
- Learn how to visualize different types of data.
- Review tools that can help you create your infographic.
- Explore the communications opportunities an infographic creates.
- Know where to go to find the right imagery at the right price
Jia You is an interactive graphics editor and developer at Science in Washington, D.C. She specializes in designing and developing data visualization projects about science. Her work has been recognized by The Society for News Design Best of News Design Awards, Malofiej Infographic Awards and The Webby Awards.
Louanne Welgoss is one of the founders and owners of LTD Creative, located in Frederick, MD. She specializes in magazine design and frequently develops infographics to help tell a story. Her work has been recognized by Folio Magazine, AM&P and Graphic Design USA.