FISD is a neutral forum that has served the financial information industry for 25 years. Our 200+ global member companies recognize that market data distribution and efficient trade execution require a high level of consistent and predictable service - all of which are dependent on the close cooperation of many independent organizations and systems. Industry stakeholders support FISD as the forum of choice to identify and resolve the business and technical issues that affect the administration, distribution and utilization of market data.
The FISD agenda encompasses the wide range of commercial, technical, and regulatory issues that face the financial information industry. The specfic events, working groups, and activities that FISD offers will change over time in response to member needs and the changing business environment, but key subject areas include:
- Commercial policies for market and reference data
- Legal and contractual issues
- Market data administration - data permissioning, usage, reporting, billing, and auditing
- Legislative and regulatory developments that affect the creation and usage of financial information
- Real-time data processing and connectivity
- Indexes - the creation, distribution, and usage of index information
- Communications, product management, and usage of index information
- Data standards and best practices
- Data management
- Intellectual property issues and data piracy
- Human resources, organizational, and professional development
FISD assists its members in a variety of areas including:
- Serving an industry advocate for standard, transparent, and efficient flow of financial information
- Supporting its members in dealing with regulatory issues
- Providing access to education and training opportunities
- Offering visibility and networking opportunities
About Inside Market Data & Inside Reference Data
For over 25 years, our four financial-market technology titles: Inside Market Data, Inside Reference Data, Buy-Side Technology & Sell-Side Technology have been serving the financial community with independent expert journalism.
Our mission is to provide our customers with relevant and premium financial technology content in one place. More than just a website, waterstechnology.com is a multi-channel business intelligence platform that professionals within financial-market technology will learn to rely on and use as a working tool as the site will be interactive allowing you to comment and engage with other users.
Inside Market Data and Inside Reference Data are particularly relevant to the Asia Pacific Financial Information Conference.
Inside Market Data brings breaking news on how sell-side and buy-side firms are using data services to market data industry executives; and Inside Reference Data provides a new level of insight for understanding, identifying and managing reference data to anyone involved in reference data projects at investment banks, brokers, institutions, exchanges and data providers.
Take a free trial to WatersTechnology.com waterstechnology.com