II has been a whirlwind first quarter of the year to write about.
SIPA had an amazing full-day conference on onboarding and retention last month (recordings are available online for members) that filled a big conference room and lots of notebooks—real and virtual. Somehow, Facebook and Google seem to always come up a lot, but we've also seen some retro developments like the value of in-person meetings and the effectiveness of content that engages our lives and emotions.
We're all very busy these days so we thought it would be a good idea at this Q2 juncture to provide you with the 10 most popular SIPAlert Daily articles from the first quarter. Hopefully, you'll see a topic or heading that intersects with something you've been thinking about lately and catch up on what's trending in the specialized information community.
- Turning social media visitors into subscribers
- Member profile: SanctionsAlert covers an always-changing field
- New report gives roadmap to ranking high on Google
- Facebook group gives publisher huge boost
- The surprising impact of reviews on purchases
- Member News: 2 acquisitions and a run for Congress
- Playful daily tech newsletter builds lots of subscribers and revenue
- 8 actionable takeaways from CQ Roll Call's renewals
- What makes us click (or not) on stories
- Member profile: Coburn talks about leadership and data management
Important Reminder: Monday, April 3
is the last day to submit your 2017 SIPAwards entries
.In addition to all the advantages of being an award winner, your entries help us and the association as a whole to see more great ideas that we can share with fellow members.