Before signing up to be a judge, please make sure you understand the
judging process so you know what to expect and what your responsibilities will
be. Please take a moment to read our
Terms & Conditions of Judge Participation before completing your application.
- Once you submit your application to become a judge, you will receive a confirmation email that we are in the process of reviewing your application, and we will notify you as soon as your application has been reviewed, usually within a few days. We will try our best to assign you products in the categories you most want to judge. Note that some categories receive over 100 judge applications so we cannot always assign all qualified/ approved judges, products. Priority is given to past judges and the order in which judge applications are received. Apply early for your top picks! I also encourage you to list as many categories as you feel comfortable judging.
- Product assignments will be sent to judges the week of January 27, 2020. Please review your product assignments in the judge dashboard as soon as you receive them and let the Awards Director know of any conflicts of interest, or if you can no longer participate as one of our judges.
- As a judge, you will be expected to evaluate up to five (5) products in any one of your preferred categories. All demonstrations are conducted virtually and take approximately 45-minutes to 1-hour with questions per product. Nominees will reach out to schedule a live demo time with you, but you may also reach out directly to the nominees to schedule. Demos are to be completed by February 20. Demos may be conducted independently or with both judges on the demo if schedules align. Notify the Awards Director immediately if you do not hear from your assigned nominees within a week. After each demonstration is conducted log into the judge dashboard right away to fill out your judge score sheet. This will take approximately 15-20 minutes total to complete.
- After each demonstration is conducted log into the judge dashboard right away to fill out your judge score sheet. This will take approximately 15-20 minutes total to complete.
- Please remember that you are comparing each product to the criteria provided, and not against each other.
- We recommend submitting your scores immediately after reviewing each individual product when the evaluation information is fresh rather than waiting until the end of the review period.
- You may return to the judge dashboard to revise your scores at any point up to Friday, March 13, 2020.