SIIA's Innovation Showcase program identifies and supports entrepreneurs in their efforts to bring innovative learning technologies to the education market. The program began in 2006 and has provided a platform for dozens of successful products and companies to present their efforts to improve education through the use of software, digital content and related technologies.
SIIA's Innovation Showcase program is unique in that it both employs a peer review process to identify the most innovative and most likely to succeed products, and that those peers - successful industry leaders - provide one-on-one mentorship to support the growth and success of identified innovators.
- a research and development group located in an academic or non-profit institution,
- an education development group funded by federal or state governmental agencies,
- a young ed tech company that has just entered the market with a new product or
- an organization with revenue in the education space?
Do You Have...
- a new product or service that’s innovative and unlike any other on the market or
- a digital solution that meets the evolving needs of students, teachers, and administrators?
- This program is geared toward providing one-on-one access to industry leaders for expert advice, mentorship and unique opportunities to connect with prospective partners for growth.
- Your product will first be reviewed by industry and education leaders – providing access to prospective partners and their feedback.
- If selected to participate, you will receive:
- the opportunity to present during the Innovation Incubator Showcase at the Education Business Forum
- participation in the One-to-One Business Connections meetings where you will make short pitches to the publishers, technology companies and investment firms that most closely fit your strategic objectives
- a discount on conference registration and one year of SIIA membership
- support from industry leaders and mentors - before, during and after the conference
Application Process & Requirements:
1. A functional website
2. Fully reviewable, finished product
3. A product developed in the past 3 years
If selected as a participant, the next steps are to:
1. Accept participation offer
2. Submit your presentation prior to the conference
3. Participate in an online orientation
4. Register to attend the conference