LOCATION: Remote for the next few months and then based in Washington, DC
ORGANIZATION: Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA)
POSITION TITLE: Education Technology Policy Manager
DURATION: Full Time
The Organization. The Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA) is looking to add a new person to its Government Affairs team working to make a difference in developing and advancing technology policy, with a primary focus on issues related to education and health technology. SIIA is the only trade association representing the education technology industry and is dedicated to creating an environment that enables high quality educational experiences for learners with a focus on equity, privacy, and improving student outcomes.
In this job, you will:
- Collaborate with SIIA colleagues to understand and advocate for public policy that aligns with SIIA’s mission.
- Work directly with SIIA’s industry-leading members to advance common priorities through SIIA advocacy materials and activities.
- Develop relationships with people on Capitol Hill and in relevant government bodies to advance SIIA policy interests.
- Write public-facing collateral on issues of interest to the education technology industry.
- Collaborate with other education and health advocates on relevant policy issues like equity, privacy, and improving student outcomes.
- Experience working with the federal legislative, executive, and policymaking bodies.
- Experience working for the U.S. House of Representatives or the United States Senate is preferred.
- Experience in education, health, or technology policy.
- Ability to navigate complex political and policy issues and distill key messages for a business audience.
- Self-starter that likes to learn and is open to hearing multiple perspectives on different issues.
- Ability to register as a lobbyist.
- Undergraduate degree (or equivalent) preferred. Law degree not required but appreciated.
- Competitive Salary & Growth Potential
- Paid Annual & Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Health/Vision/Dental Coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
What We Love About You:
- You are thoughtful, energetic, innovative, results-oriented and a resourceful self-starter.
- You have a tenacious work ethic, dedicated to exceeding expectations.
- You have a “customer first” mindset and are obsessive about building and maximizing value for our members.
- You are collaborative and accountable, and committed to integrity.
- You embrace the diverse perspectives of all people and honor them with dignity and respect.
- You find time to laugh and strive to “make people’s day” in all your interactions.
Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Education and Health Technology Policy Manager” in the subject line.
SIIA believes a diversity of voices leads to better outcomes for our members, our employees, our products and our communities. We are proudly committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, political persuasion or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.