When Google delayed the phaseout of cookies in its Chrome browser to late 2023, it gave the digital-advertising ecosystem more time to figure out how to balance consumer privacy with ad sales. It’s not an easy task.
Even with the reprieve, the most important thing for media companies is to be proactive now. First-party data is rich and reliable. Pivoting to contextual advertising is compelling, especially with new technologies that use AI, machine learning, “moment marketing” to sharpen the focus on audience behavior. Sit in for a look at what’s happening now, who’s doing what, and advice on the steps you should take in advance of the post-cookie world. You’ll get:
• An update on cookie policies from Google and Apple
• An overview of how this will affect publishers
• How publishers are responding, including emerging solutions such as contextual advertising
• How to create an action plan for robust, high-quality first-party data.
• How to get digital, sales and marketing teams on the same page
• Post-cookie sales techniques that work well.