Free | Open to Members & Nonmembers
March is Women’s History Month – Let’s celebrate women leaders who are pushing the envelope on AI policy and are advancing opportunities to represent women in the fields of AI and STEM!
This virtual event will showcase a dialogue between technology policy experts across the public and private sector, who share insights, predictions and themes from recent legislative proposals that are likely to shape the future of Artificial Intelligence policy. Panelists will speak to the impact of proposals such as the Algorithmic Accountability Act, the EU Data Act, EU AI Act, and U.S. innovation and competitiveness legislation (the COMPETES Act and USICA). NIST will provide a discussion of the standards and framework for the responsible use of AI. Panelists will also share examples of opportunities and best practices on how to shape a more diverse workforce in STEM and AI fields.
1. Opening Remarks: Jeff Joseph, President, SIIA (5 mins)
2. Keynote: Rep. Jan Schakowsky, Chair of the Consumer Protection and Commerce Subcommittee, U.S. House Energy and Commerce (5 mins)
3. Fireside Chat with Sorelle Friedler, Assistant Director for Data and Democracy, White House Office of Science & Technology Policy (15 mins)
4. Rep. Zoe Lofgren, Chair of the Committee on House Administration (5 mins)
5. Moderated Panel Discussion (45 mins):
6. Closing Remarks: SIIA (5 mins)