LOCATION: Washington, DC
DURATION: Full Time
The Organization: SIIA is the principal association representing software, information, education, technology and digital content industries. Through in-person and online business development opportunities, peer networking, corporate education, intellectual property protection and government relations, SIIA provides a network of resources for its 450+ member companies that drive innovation and growth.
Function: Reporting to the Vice President of Marketing and Membership, the Membership Coordinator’s primary focus is to provide excellent customer service to SIIA members, improving the member experience, and ensuring the integrity of member data. We are seeking a member-service minded individual who has strong data management and project management skills. This person will maintain the integrity of the membership database and support the evolution of the members journey to become more active and engaged in content, events and educational opportunities offered across the member divisions of the association.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accurately manage records in member database (MS Dynamics 365, Protech), including staff and contact updates, merging duplicates, running reports, and more.
- Assist in data maintenance by keeping data entry uniform across all member records.
- Answer calls and emails pertaining to membership.
- Monitor and respond to online chat communications.
- Support outreach and communication efforts to past due renewals, lapsed members, and prospective members.
- Support membership prospecting and company research efforts for various SIIA member divisions.
- Maintain the member onboarding calendar and outreach touchpoints with new members.
- Assist with social media content postings.
- Work closely with other SIIA staff to continually inform members of the value and benefits of membership.
Assist with the execution of email, special projects and other membership marketing efforts as necessary.
- 3+ years of experience in membership operations, data entry or administrative role at a nonprofit or an association.
- Experience and familiarity working with a CRM database, preferably Protech, MS Dynamics 365.
- Understanding and experience working with social media and other new media technologies
- Demonstrated project management skills, ability to juggle short-term and long-term tasks/responsibilities on deadline
- Good time-management skills, attention to detail, multi-tasking is essential
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Excellent customer service attitude
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team while being flexible
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Competitive Salary & Growth Potential
- Paid Annual & Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Health/Vision/Dental Coverage
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan
What We Love About You:
- You are thoughtful, energetic, innovative, results-oriented and a resourceful self-starter.
- You have a tenacious work ethic, dedicated to exceeding expectations.
- You have a “customer first” mindset and are obsessive about building and maximizing value for our members.
- You are collaborative and accountable, and committed to integrity.
- You embrace the diverse perspectives of all people and honor them with dignity and respect.
You find time to laugh and strive to “make people’s day” in all your interactions.
Please submit a resume to employ@SIIA.net with “Membership Coordinator” in the subject line.
SIIA believes a diversity of voices leads to better outcomes for our members, our employees, our products and our communities. We are proudly committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, political persuasion or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.