Senior Vice President, Global Public Policy
Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA)
LOCATION: Remote for the next few months and then based in Washington, DC
ORGANIZATION: Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA)
POSITION TITLE: Senior Vice President, Global Public Policy
DURATION: Full Time
The Organization. The Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA) is looking for a dynamic, experienced leader to head its Public Policy Division and Government Affairs team. The Senior Vice President, Global Public Policy leads SIIA’s advocacy work in consultation with SIIA’s member-led Government Affairs Committee, overseeing actionable advocacy strategies that advance the interests of SIIA members before federal, state, and global policy makers and related institutions. The SVP works with a highly skilled and knowledgeable internal team of policy and advocacy executives, supporting them as they pursue their policy portfolios. The SVP coordinates with the SIIA President and SIIA Division leaders to conceptualize and execute joint activities to maximize membership benefits across the organization and is responsible for driving membership retention and growth in SIIA’s Public Policy Division.
In this job, you will:
- Collaborate with SIIA’s Government Affairs Committee, the SIIA president, and the Government Affairs staff to set strategic priorities and goals that align with SIIA’s mission and provide value for SIIA members. Develop and lead execution of a related strategic advocacy plan. Build consensus amongst membership on policy issues.
- Develop and maintain relationships with and actively lobby key policy makers and staff in the U.S. Congress, across the administration, and with relevant international bodies.
- Supervise, support and assist in the professional development of the Government Affairs team.
- Oversee the development of collateral including white papers, testimony, member newsletters, blogs, op-eds, and related materials.
- Represent SIIA at external events and through thought leadership.
- Identify and secure opportunities for SVP, Global Public Policy or other appropriate SIIA representatives to testify before Congressional committees, state legislative committees, and administrative bodies on behalf of the association and association members.
- Produce and manage the Division’s annual budget.
- Prioritize member retention and recruitment.
- Manage Government Affairs Committee meetings and participate in SIIA Board of Directors meetings.
- Bring emerging policy issues to the attention of SIIA’s Government Affairs Committee.
- Actively participate in SIIA’s executive management team and collaborate with SIIA Division staff leads to demonstrate value to all SIIA members.
- Broad knowledge of and passion for technology policy and related issues such as artificial intelligence, data privacy, intellectual property, trade, internet governance, and intermediary liability. Experience in health care policy a plus.
- Experience working for the U.S. House of Representatives or Senate. Executive Branch experience a plus
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute successful, innovative lobbying and public policy advocacy.
- Demonstrated success in personnel and budget management.
- Some knowledge of international/trade issues desirable.
- Ability to navigate complex political and policy issues and distill key messages for a diverse variety of audiences in government and industry.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to register as a lobbyist a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree with Graduate Degree in policy, government affairs or related fields preferred.
- Minimum of 15 years of relevant experience.
- Competitive Salary & Growth Potential
- Incentive compensation tied to performance objectives
- Paid Annual & Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Health/Vision/Dental Coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Flexible remote work policy
- Representing the world’s most dynamic industries
What We Love About You:
- You are thoughtful, energetic, innovative, results-oriented and a resourceful self-starter.
- You have a tenacious work ethic, dedicated to exceeding expectations.
- You have a “customer first” mindset and are obsessive about building and maximizing value for our members.
- You are collaborative and accountable, and committed to integrity.
- You embrace the diverse perspectives of all people and honor them with dignity and respect.
- You find time to laugh and strive to “make people’s day” in all your interactions.
Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Senior Vice President, Global Public Policy” in the subject line.
SIIA believes a diversity of voices leads to better outcomes for our members, our employees, our products and our communities. We are proudly committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, political persuasion or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.