This is a special letter from Jen Smith, director, Associations Council, AM&P Network
As you know, 2021 proved to be a pivotal year for SIIA’s Associations, Media & Publishing (AM&P) Network and the Associations Council, which is made up of the association publishers who built the strong legacy of the original AM&P.
We began the year by reorganizing three legacy membership groups into a stronger, thriving community that spans multiple media sectors. By combining forces, AM&P Network now offers more services and member engagement opportunities. Now, we are together to learn, share and borrow brilliance from each other, no matter if we’re publishing for an association, a B2B media brand or a niche subscription publisher. This year we have shown that we are better together.
Here’s a look at the year:
- In 2021 the Network offered 40+ webinars.
- We launched a new members-only community on Slack where you can get support, make connections and learn from your peers.
- In June, we came together for a special virtual event focused on working through the challenges of our current climate together. Reset, Reinvent, Revenue 2021 was a resounding success!
- AM&P Network became a CAE Approved Provider so that those working toward CAE credentialing can earn those valuable credits.
- We launched several new programs like Lessons from a Leader and the Editorial Council.
- We’ve continued our work toward DEI progress, led by the Associations Council leadership, accomplishing several stated goals for the year.
- The Associations Council launched nine new volunteer groups, including the DEI Committee, the Freelance Connections Committee, the Community Engagement Committee, and several more.
- Through it all, we continued to bring you the esteemed Signature magazine, the coveted EXCEL Awards, and the highly rated Lunch & Learn program.
2022 Is Full of Exciting Opportunities for Our Community Too
In 2022 we return to in-person events, including the anticipated AMPLIFY event in June.
April 26-27, 2022: CEO Summit. The CEO Summit returns as a 1.5-day event in New York City paired with the Neal Awards. The conference will offer senior level members a full day of programming and networking and give them the opportunity to celebrate their editorial teams at the Jesse H. Neal Awards.
April 26, 2022: 68th Annual Jesse H. Neal Awards. The Jesse H. Neal Awards return to a live ceremony, paired with the 2022 CEO Summit.
June 22-23, 2022: AMPLIFY, AM&P Network’s Content & Marketing Summit. Formerly the AM&P Annual Conference, this reimagined event encompasses specialties across the AM&P Network. AMPLIFY is built for the full universe of content creators and marketers within AM&P Network to learn and share together.
June 22, 2022: EXCEL Awards. The EXCEL Awards recognize the best in association media and return for a live awards ceremony paired with the new AMPLIFY conference.
September 2022: TechFlash. New! The single most common request from AM&P Network members is to help them make tech decisions. The new TechFlash event is a two-day hybrid of conference and buyer-seller event that brings together tech leaders and decision makers with leading technology companies.
November 2022: Business Information & Media Summit (BIMS). We are seeking partners for this updated version of an established and well-liked conference to produce an event that would expand the universe of attendees.
Editorial Training. AM&P Network’s 40 Minutes or Less Editorial Training Series, a new program kicking off in January, will offer nine training sessions throughout next year for editors and content creators. Each session lasts for 40 minutes to give your time-crunched content creators actionable tips they can put into place for that next deadline. Our first session debuts Jan. 20.
Lunch & Learn Series. Still virtual for the time being, this series digs deep into the specific challenges and opportunities for association publishers. (CAE eligible)
Peer-to-Peer Problem & Solutions Sessions. Bring your top publishing challenges and ideas to this interactive session to share with and learn from your peers.
Slack Chats. Join us monthly for a morning chat hosted by a volunteer leader. Topics range from self-care to content strategies to employee engagement.
Check the SIIA events calendar for the growing list of 2022 events, and register today!
There’s plenty more planned for the year ahead. Here’s a sneak peek at what’s in store:
Signature Live. This webinar series takes the story from the page giving you access to authors and experts from top Signature stories. Coming in the second half of 2022. (CAE eligible)
Research. Ever wonder how your content’s analytics stack up against other media brands? AM&P Network will capture content metrics for you to benchmark towards them.
Thank you again for your support. We are thrilled you are a part of the Network and can’t wait to see you on Zoom, in Slack, and in person again next year!