VP Membership Marketing
Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA)
LOCATION: Remote for the next few months and then based in Washington, DC
ORGANIZATION: Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA)
POSITION TITLE: Vice President, Membership and Marketing
DURATION: Full Time
The Organization. The Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA) – the principal trade association for the business-to-business content and information industries, associations, and related interests – is looking for a dynamic, experienced leader to head its Membership and Marketing team. Reporting to the SIIA President, the Vice President, Membership & Marketing leads the development and implementation of strategies and campaigns to attract new members, retain and deepen engagement with existing members, and help drive revenue growth across the organization. The Vice President also oversees association branding, digital and social media strategy, collateral materials, partnerships, and sponsorships and manages a team of three along with external consultants.
Function. SIIA connects more than 700 data, financial information, education technology, specialized content and publishing, and health technology companies. Our diverse members help learners of all ages prepare to succeed in their future, manage the global financial markets, develop software that solves today’s challenges through technology, provide critical information that helps inform global businesses large and small, and innovate for better health care and personal wellness outcomes.
In this job, you will:
- Oversee the development and execution of membership recruitment, sales, onboarding, engagement and retention along with related strategic initiatives, marketing, and program and content development in collaboration with SIIA Division heads – all with an eye toward driving revenue growth and maximizing member value.
- Develop and implement membership marketing and engagement campaigns, strategies and tactics.
- Direct association branding, digital and social media strategy, the development of collateral materials and content for digital platforms. Maintain brand standards and ensure compliance across all marketing and communications channels.
- Develop and manage strategic relationships, partnerships and sponsorships designed to promote organizational growth.
- Prepare monthly membership and revenue reports for SIIA President, Board Chair, CFO, and Division Heads.
- Supervise staff of three and external consultants. Develop growth strategies and annual goals for department staff.
- Produce and manage the department’s annual budget and goals.
- Actively participate in SIIA’s executive management team and collaborate with SIIA Division staff leads to demonstrate value to all SIIA members. Participate in meetings of the SIIA Board of Directors, Division Advisory Boards, and relevant committees.
- 10+ years’ experience working with association or non-profit membership development.
- University Degree, Masters/MBA preferred.
- Extensive B2B or related experience in marketing and digital strategy.
- Extensive strategic, creative and client service skills with a strong understanding of the marketing ecosystem.
- Knowledge of association/customer management systems.
- Competitive Salary & Growth Potential
- Incentive compensation tied to performance objectives
- Paid Annual & Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Health/Vision/Dental Coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Flexible remote work policy
- Representing the world’s most dynamic industries
What We Love About You:
- You are thoughtful, energetic, innovative, results-oriented and a resourceful self-starter.
- You have a tenacious work ethic, dedicated to exceeding expectations.
- You have a “customer first” mindset and are obsessive about building and maximizing value for our members.
- You are collaborative and accountable, and committed to integrity.
- You embrace the diverse perspectives of all people and honor them with dignity and respect.
- You find time to laugh and strive to “make people’s day” in all your interactions.
Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “VP Membership & Marketing” in the subject line.
SIIA believes a diversity of voices leads to better outcomes for our members, our employees, our products and our communities. We are proudly committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, political persuasion or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know